rEFInd and clonezilla live No account with NO PASSWD sudo privilege was found!

ndog37
2016-12-15
2017-01-05
  • ndog37

ndog37 - 2016-12-15

I'm using rEFInd as a boot manager for UEFI computers and trying create a boot entry to boot into clonezilla with options, however denied with No account with NO PASSWD sudo privilege was found!.

All the TTYs are stuck at the login prompt with the following message
    Ubuntu 16.04 LTS localhost.localdomain tty1
    localhost login: --noclear (automatic login)

Unfortunately I cannot open any tty as they all have the same message, therefore cannot determine ocs boot options from linux, ctrl +c ctrl + break, ctrl +d do not respond, however ctrl + alt + del will allow to reboot, with terminal messages

I have tested with

clonezilla-live-20160627-xenial-amd64
    clonezilla-live-20161121-yakkety-amd64

On two machines

Both have the same error

Have tried config and live-config in the options line, no difference

For reference here is my rEFInd boot menu

refind.conf

menuentry "Clonezilla Test 1" {
        icon /EFI/BOOT/next-theme/icons/os_mandriva.png
        loader /clonezilla/live/vmlinuz
        initrd /clonezilla/live/initrd.img
        options "boot=live live-config username=user noswap nolocales edd=on nomodeset ocs_live_run=ocs-live-general ocs_live_extra_param= keyboard-layouts=it ocs_live_batch=no vga=788 ip= nosplash live-media-path=/clonezilla/live bootfrom=/dev/sda1 toram=filesystem.squashfs"
        ostype Linux
        graphics off
    }

menuentry "Clonezilla Test 2" {
        options "boot=live config union=overlay username=user hostname=yakkety quiet components noswap edd=on nomodeset noeject vga=788 ip= nosplash locales=en_US.UTF-8 keyboard-layouts=NONE ocs_live_batch=yes ocs_live_run=""ocs-live-general"" live-media-path=/clonezilla/live bootfrom=/dev/sda1 toram=filesystem.squashfs"
        graphics off
    }

Last edit: ndog37 2016-12-15
  • ndog37

ndog37 - 2016-12-16

So I tried today again with clonezilla-live-2.5.0-5-amd64
    I tried extra options as a test incase my options wrong

refind.comf

menuentry "Clonezilla test" {
        options "boot=live union=overlay username=user live-config components noswap noprompt edd=on nomodeset noeject vga=788 ip= net.ifnames=0  nosplash i915.blacklist=yes radeonhd.blacklist=yes nouveau.blacklist=yes vmwgfx.enable_fbdev=1 ocs_live_run=ocs-live-general keyboard-layouts=NONE ocs_live_batch=no live-media-path=/clonezilla/live bootfrom=/dev/sda1 toram=filesystem.squashfs"
        ostype Linux
        graphics off
    }

I have the same problem
    No account with NO PASSWD sudo privilege was found!.
    tty1 is stuck with message
    Debian GNU/Linux stretch/sid localhost.localdomain tty1
    localhost login: --noclear (automatic login)

However if using tty2 I have an option to login
    localhost login:

However I don't know the password to login to the terminal user/user? user/password?
    This means I cannot troubleshoot the problem, eg /proc/cmdline

What is the user password?
    Any other steps to try?

• ndog37

ndog37 - 2016-12-16

Hmm so I tried ocs-debug as an option and it got to a terminal

I cannot run ocs-live with error TERM environment variable needs set etc.

my /proc/cmdline looks like this

\clonezilla\live\vmlinuz boot=live union=overlay username=user live-config components noswap noprompt edd=on nomodeset noeject vga=788 ip= net.ifnames=0  nosplash i915.blacklist=yes radeonhd.blacklist=yes nouveau.blacklist=yes osc_debug=yes ocs-debug vmwgfx.enable_fbdev=1 ocs_live_run=ocs-live-general keyboard-layouts=NONE ocs_live_batch=no live-media-path=/clonezilla/live bootfrom=/dev/sda1 toram=filesystem.squashfs initrd=\clonezilla\live\initrd.img

So I guess the problem is that I am passing extra parameters \clonezilla\live\vmlinuz and initrd=\clonezilla\live\initrd.img which is causing scripts/sbin/ocs-functions to fail?

Im not sure if this is the problem, but it might be related. I wonder what to do next?

Last edit: ndog37 2016-12-16
  • Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2016-12-25

"denied with No account with NO PASSWD sudo privilege was found!." -> Looks like the boot parameters were not actually passed to /proc/cmdline, so live-boot and live-config in the live system do not run and actions.
    Any reason you want to use "rEFInd"? Did you try grub instead?

Steven

• ndog37

ndog37 - 2016-12-30

Hi Steven thanks for your reply

The /proc/cmdline looks fine apart actually. I think the script is not parsing it correctly or getting stuck. I am using a macbook so using rEFInd will be great for allowing to multiboot OSX or clonezilla directly. I could use grub2 efi but that is not so nice interface on a mac and has some trouble with options for OSX boot

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2017-01-05

Could you please show me the content of /proc/cmdline?

Steven

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks