ASUS T100TA restore image

• joyer99

joyer99 - 2014-05-28

I am not sure what I am trying to do will work , but I thought that I would give it a shot. It would save me some time having to create an image from scratch. I am trying to restore an image that I had taken on a laptop with a standard hard drive (/dev/sda), and trying to restore it on an Asus T100 that has an mmc as a hard drive. I can successfully boot to clonezilla, and Clonezilla sees that there is no sda in the Asus and creates a temporary image and changes all of the instances of sda and its partitions to mmcblk0 and names the partitions mmcblk01, mmcblk02, mmcblk03, and mmcblk04. This is where my problem lies. The partitions on the disk are the following: mmcblk0p1, mmcblk0p2, mmcblk0p3, and mmcblk0p4. When Clonezilla tries to restore the first partition, it is looking for mmcblk01, not mmcblk0p1, and so forth for each partition, and says "Unable to find target partition "mmcblk01". Is there a way to rename my partitions to match what Clonezilla is looking for, or is there a way to change the partitions in the image itself to match my existing partition structure? As I said before, I am not sure if this will work, and even if we can change the partition stuff if the image will even restore successfully and boot, but I thought I would ask before I spent too much time on it.

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2014-05-31

Yes, this is still an issue.
    The conversion program "cnvt-ocs-dev" should be improved to fit this.
    Patches are welcome.

• Steven Shiau

Steven Shiau - 2014-06-04

It's fixed in Clonezilla live 2.2.3-17 or 20140602-*. Please give it a try.
    Let us know the results.

Last edit: Steven Shiau 2014-06-04