#498 name conflict with libmysqlclient

segfault
closed-fixed
clisp (525)
5
2008-10-06
2008-10-04
No

I've tried mysql part of clsql binding and got random segfaults.
After playing with gdb I've found that the reason is than function "my_alloc" exists in both libmysqlclient.so and lisp.run and mysql code called clisp's my_alloc instead of it's own.
As a temporary solution I've patched clisp's source to set visibility attribute to hidden so my_malloc and my_realloc won't appear in dynamic symbols table of executable. This perfectly solved problem for me.

Discussion

  • Dmitry Petrov

    Dmitry Petrov - 2008-10-04

    Patch for clisp-2.46 to hide my_malloc and my_realloc from dynamic symbols table

     
  • Sam Steingold

    Sam Steingold - 2008-10-06

    thank you for your bug report.
    the bug has been fixed in the CVS tree.
    you can either wait for the next release (recommended)
    or check out the current CVS tree (see http://clisp.cons.org\)
    and build CLISP from the sources (be advised that between
    releases the CVS tree is very unstable and may not even build
    on your platform).

     
  • Sam Steingold

    Sam Steingold - 2008-10-06
    • labels: 355966 --> clisp
    • assigned_to: hoehle --> sds
    • status: open --> closed-fixed
     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks