CLIPS on Redhat 4

Help
DanP
2008-08-22
2012-11-23
  • DanP

DanP - 2008-08-22

Hi,

I was able to compile CLIPSJNI-0.2 and run the demo but can't get to run CLIPSJNI command line mode using the pdf instructions file.
    The compilation didn't create a CLIPSJNI.Invironment file and got the following warnings at the end of the compilation:

CLIPSJNI_Environment.c: In function `JLongToPointer':
    CLIPSJNI_Environment.c:1125: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
    CLIPSJNI_Environment.c: In function `PointerToJLong':
    CLIPSJNI_Environment.c:1135: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

I
    Help would be greatly appreciate,
    Daniel

• Gary Riley

Gary Riley - 2008-08-22

The makefile doesn't create a CLIPSJNI_Environment.o file. You can ignore the warnings. If the makefile compiles everything successfully, a libCLIPSJNI.so file will be created.

• DanP

DanP - 2008-08-22

Gary,

Yes, it did create the libCLIPSJNI.so file. My question then is how do I launch CLIPSJNI to get to the CLIPS prompt if it is possible.
      I saw in the pdf instructions file that to run CLIPSJNI in command line mode you have to type "java -cp CLIPSJNI.jar CLIPSJNI.Environment" in a Mac OS X environment. How can I do it on my linux box?

Thanks,
      Daniel

• Gary Riley

Gary Riley - 2008-08-22

Follow the basic instructions for Mac OS X unless there are specific instructions for linux (such as using a different makefile to create libCLIPSJNI.so). If everything is set up properly, the command "java -cp CLIPSJNI.jar CLIPSJNI.Environment" should work regardless of whether you are running with Mac OS X, Windows, or linux. 

• DanP

DanP - 2008-08-26

Gary,

I needed to set my java.library.path (LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

Thanks for your help.
      Daniel