Menu

Clips JNI : trying to load 64-bit binary construct with a 32-bit library on windows

Help
2016-09-27
2016-10-03
  • Chaubert Jérôme

I try to load (with bload) clips constructs with a 32-bit DLL. If the binary constructs file has been generated with a "bsave" with a 64-bit DLL I (obviously) get an error.

My problem is that the "bload" never stop and continue to print (in wdialog) "Skipping ? constructs because of unavailability" forever. I saw that this message come from "EnvBload" but why is the "eval" of "bload" never return ? I would expected some kind of error in this situation (maybe in "werror" ?).

Can you help me ?

Best regards

Last edit: Chaubert Jérôme 2016-09-27
  • Gary Riley

Gary Riley - 2016-09-28

I can also reproduce the issue using the 32 and 64 bit DOS executables. I'll take a look into it.

• Chaubert Jérôme

Thank you for this fix. i will try it as soon as possible!

• Chaubert Jérôme

It works fine, thank you very much for your quick bug fix!

However, I am a little lost with the versions because some of the files that I have taken in your branch ( https://sourceforge.net/p/clipsrules/code/HEAD/tree/branches/63x/) where older than mine (so I had a big work of merging). For example mine "commline.c" is version "6.31 05/18/15" but yours is "6.30 01/26/15" or your "sysdep.c" is a lot older than mine (mine has this comments (and many code changes)) :
    / 6.31: Refactored code to reduce header dependencies /
    / in sysdep.c. /
    / /
    / Modified gentime to return "comparable" epoch /
    / based values across platforms. /
    / /
    / Updated compilations flags for CatchCtrlC. /

In the other hand some of your files are more recent. I was expected that your branch has always the most recent files. Am I wrong ?

Last edit: Chaubert Jérôme 2016-10-03
  • Gary Riley

Gary Riley - 2016-10-03

I reverted most of the code in the 63x branch so that it only contained bug fixes and minor feature changes to the 6.30 release. Code for future releases has been moved out of that branch.