CLIPSNet.Environment() error

Help
2008-04-13
2013-04-25
  • Carlos M. Pascal

Error at

CLIPSNet.Environment clips = new CLIPSNet.Environment()

{"The type initializer for 'CLIPSNet.Environment' threw an exception."}

down

{"Could not load file or assembly 'ManagedCLIPS, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)":"ManagedCLIPS, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"}

down

{"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)"}

The same project runs only one computer and other two give me this ugly exception.
    I am working with visual studio 2008 with frameworks 2.0, 3.0, 3.5.

Please tell me if you need any other information. 

Thanks,

• Izya K

Izya K - 2008-04-13

Do you have ManagedCLIPS.dll?

• Carlos M. Pascal

Yes, I have it.
      I made a new project, added CLIPSNet reference and the same exception.
      On this machine I don't have framework 1.1.

• Carlos M. Pascal

it isn't from fw 1.1 :(

• Izya K

Izya K - 2008-04-13

I think your problem is because of your fw can not find ManagedCLIPS.dll. Try to add reference to it to your project.

• Carlos M. Pascal

I don't know what is wrong it's working only on machines that have visual studio 2005 installed. There is a problem if I have only vs2008. I built ManageCLIPS and CLIPSNet with vs2008 and it worked.

• Jonathan Ohlrich

One other thing to keep in mind: make sure your project's platform target is x86. I am able to use VS2008 with the binary release.

• Carlos M. Pascal

there was the same project with x86 target.
      thanks for suggestion.

• Nobody/Anonymous

im havin the same environment problem with the claipslib.dll and i really have no clue what to do to fix this any help?

• Zayar

Zayar - 2011-02-11

I have following error to get running CLIPSNet in 64Bits VS2008

System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
       at CLIPSNet.Environment.CreateEnvironment(Int32 env)
       at CLIPSNet.Environment..ctor()
       at clipsnet_testing.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\..\clipsnet_testing\Form1.cs:line 22

I download the CLIPNet source and rebuild in VS 2008 x64Bits, Platform target set to "Any CPU". 

I reference CLIPSNet.Dll and copy CLIPSLib.dll inside bin. Still throwing error.

Any idea pls?

Thanks in advance

• Zayar

Zayar - 2011-02-11

Worked Now :)

I only copy newly generated CLIPSNET.dll using CLIPSLib.dll from downloaded 2.1 Zip.

Both need to be rebuild in VS 2008 and use newly compiled CLIPSNET.dll using CLIPSLib.dll

1. Get the latest solution from [url=https://clipsnet.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/clipsnet]https://clipsnet.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/clipsnet[/url]
        I downloaded tortoiseSVN and Visual SVN, so that I can directly checkout from VS 2008.
    2.Open CLIPSLib.sln file.
    3. Build CLIPSLIb project.
        CLIPSNET.dll is generated under CLIPSNet Project > Bin Folder
    4. Build CLIPSNet project.
        CLIPSLib.dll is generated under  "..\..\mlplatform\bin" Folder

Hope this will help others too :)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks smartacrobat, that worked in VS 2010. Do you guys know how to build it in MonoDevelop and use it inside that?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks