Menu

Suggestion to have a confirmation after pressing "delete"

jørn bue
2019-03-05
2022-11-20
  • jørn bue

jørn bue - 2019-03-05

To avoid accidental deletion of a clip, could it be possible to have a confirmation box ? Its rather easy to hit "delete" by mistake, and with no "undo" it could be a problem

Thanks

Nolan

• tormozit

tormozit - 2019-03-05

Again I want to know why do you delete clips? And how often do you perform this operation? Confirmation dialog on every act of deletion can be very annoying.

• jørn bue

jørn bue - 2019-03-05

yes i know it could be annoying for those who do not want it, it could be made as a choice to tick off in settings. The delete button is right next to the enter button on my logitech keyboard, so its for the purpose of a non-intentional deletion it would be prohibited with a confirmation. And if people delete very rare it should be no annpyance with a confirmation dialog i think. Problem is if a deletion in made by mistake, before its marked as favorite (which i often forget if im in a hurry) , the clip is gone forever, no chance to recover it,so if imortant its a problem

• jørn bue

jørn bue - 2019-04-07

Just a follow up, would you consider this ?

thanks

• grayghost2

grayghost2 - 2019-04-13

Delete confirmation in other programs drive me insane.
    About twice each day I go through ClipAngel list and easy to delete unwanted items without confirmation.
    @tormozit ... I agree

• jørn bue

jørn bue - 2019-04-13

i understand some wont need this, but as you understand obvious some has a problem accidentially deleting a clip. So - therefor my suggestion to make this as an option that the user can enable or not. That would satisfy both worlds. Or even better an "undo" feature as seen in many other apps. I assume this would not be a big job but would be of great help

Last edit: jørn bue 2019-04-13
  • tormozit

tormozit - 2019-05-01

feature added in 1.79

• jørn bue

jørn bue - 2019-05-01

super, thank you, very much appreciated

• Peter Paul

Peter Paul - 2022-11-11

I accidentally deleted a clip. Is there a way to undo the delete and recover the clip?

• tormozit

tormozit - 2022-11-11

No.

• Peter Paul

Peter Paul - 2022-11-20

Thanks, an undo would be a plus. :-)