custom date range

Help
2010-04-05
2015-06-26
  • Mauricio Giraldo

Is there a way to enter or use custom ranges for heat maps? I want a range different from "day", "week" and "month". For instance: last week of march first week of april or all 2010.

• Blade 1o6

Blade 1o6 - 2010-04-06

Hello mgamix,

For the moment, it's impossible. My opinion is that you don't need such a thing, as a week of data is enough to see where the clicks are, and where the problem is on your design. A year of data is totally wrong, as if you change your design a little bit during the year, the clicks have no more meaning.

So week/month are shortcuts for people who don't have enough data on a single day.

Perhaps the MySQL release of ClickHeat 2.0 will allow such a thing (will probably be released at the end of this year).

• idearius

idearius - 2015-06-25

Hi. I've been using version 1.14 for a good while and was wondering if there's any news on this topic, either for version 2 or 1.x.

ClickHeat is a nice product as it is, yet some websites that I manage (or that I intend to analyze) have relatively low traffic and it would be really helpful being able to select a whole year or a custom date range.

Any news will be appreciated.

Best.

• Blade 1o6

Blade 1o6 - 2015-06-26

Hello idearius,

Unfortunately, I had no time to release a MySQL-based ClickHeat.

For your year data concern, you may edit ClickHeat files as follow:
    in generate.php:
    change:
    $range = isset($_GET['range']) && in_array($_GET['range'], array('d', 'w', 'm')) ? $_GET['range'] : 'd';

with:
    $range = isset($_GET['range']) && in_array($_GET['range'], array('d', 'w', 'm', 'y')) ? $_GET['range'] : 'd';

then, add after the «case 'm':» block:
    case 'y':
    {
    $days = 365;
    $delay = date('y', $dateStamp) !== date('y') ? 86400 : 120;
    break;
    }

in view.php:
    after the line 164 (and a similar code), add:
    <tr>
    <td id="clickheat-calendar-y"<>a href="#" onclick="currentRange = 'y'; this.blur(); updateCalendar(); return false;"><?php echo isset($ranges[3]) ? $ranges[3] : 'Year' ?></a></td>
    </tr>

This should do the trick (but there won't be any calendar fancy selection, too much work is needed for that).

Tell me if it's good for you. The right way to do this should be to set a start date and an end date, like Google Analytics, rather than predefined weeks/years.

Regards,
    Yvan.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks