Cannot Launch the Logging Manager

Log4Fx
2009-04-01
2013-04-29
  • First, I am brand new to using the tools and this is my first attempt.  After adding the log4fx as per the instructions in the documentation and launching my application I get the following runtime error when trying to launch the logging manager (I'm launching via the CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACE):

1ST ERROR

ArgumentError: Error #1063: Argument count mismatch on mx.binding::PropertyWatcher(). Expected 3, got 2.
        at _com_theriabook_util_logging_LogAdjustmentWindowWatcherSetupUtil/setup()
        at com.theriabook.util.logging::LogAdjustmentWindow/initialize()[C:\Documents and Settings\seth\workspace\Log4Flex\com\theriabook\util\logging\LogAdjustmentWindow.mxml:0]
        at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::childAdded()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2009]
        at mx.managers::SystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::rawChildren_addChildAt()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:2059]
        at mx.managers::SystemManager/addChild()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:1569]
        at mx.managers::PopUpManagerImpl/addPopUp()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\PopUpManagerImpl.as:309]
        at mx.managers::PopUpManagerImpl/createPopUp()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\PopUpManagerImpl.as:199]
        at mx.managers::PopUpManager$/createPopUp()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\PopUpManager.as:124]
        at com.theriabook.util.logging::LoggingAdjustmentManager/onKey()[C:\Documents and Settings\seth\workspace\Log4Flex\com\theriabook\util\logging\LoggingAdjustmentManager.as:400]

SECOND ERROR:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
        at mx.containers::Panel/commitProperties()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\containers\Panel.as:1159]
        at mx.core::UIComponent/validateProperties()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:5807]
        at mx.managers::LayoutManager/validateProperties()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:539]
        at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\LayoutManager.as:689]
        at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
        at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8628]
        at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:8568]

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as I would really love to use this logging feature.  It looks extremely powerful and robust.

• srayker
      srayker
      2009-04-29

Hi,
          I faced the same problem. My guess is you tried to add the plugins using the Flex Builder as guided in the Log4Fx PDF. Th site mentioned in that document points to a outdated build on farata systems site.
          You actually need to download the site03232009.zip from sourceforge downloads, unzip it and select  option New Local Site instead of New Remote Site button in the Install of Flex Builder.

This should solve your problem.
      Regards,
      srayker