Support for Eclipse 3.3?

Log4Fx
2009-03-23
2013-04-29
  • Odysseus Levy
    Odysseus Levy
    2009-03-23

I've got three separate questions, but I'm going to post them in three separate threads (to make following the answers easier for everyone).

First question. I've tried to use the log4fx plugin using the 2007 documentation. I can add the plugin without any apparent error, but when I got to right click on a project I do not get the log4fx menu item.

I've the site listed in the 2007 documentation, and I've also downloaded the site file on this site and tried to install locally.

I'm using the latest FlexBuilder 3 installation, which includes Eclipse 3.3. Is the plugin in known to work for this version? Any ideas on troubleshooting the problem?

Thanks.

• Yakov Fain
      Yakov Fain
      2009-03-23

Log4Fx used to work fine with Eclipse 3.3. Make sure that you've downloaded and installed the license too.

• Odysseus Levy
      Odysseus Levy
      2009-03-23

OK, I am making progress.

My initial problem was that I did not install the Java eclipse plug-in. I installed the Java plugin and now I get the log4fx menus to come up. But now when I go to use any of the features, for example, "Add Dependency Files", I now get "The chosen operation is not currently available".

It sounds like a license issue now, right? But I have a license installed. Here is what Eclipse shows me for my license:

Product details

Id    com.farata.logger
          Name    Logging API support and local logging console
          Version    1.0.0.v200711072040
          Provider    Farata Systems
          Description    Provides local logger within Eclipse plugin, Logging API distribution.

Do I need a different license?

Thanks for replying, by the way, it encouraged me to keep on trying :-)

• Odysseus Levy
      Odysseus Levy
      2009-03-24

I found these instructions: http://www.myflex.org/documentation/setup.htm

They explicitly say that you can *not* install in the Adobe packaged FlexBuilder. Instead they say you should start with the standard Java based Eclipse package and install the Flex plugin.

So I tried that with Eclipse 3.4 (for java development). I added the Flex Builder, loaded the log4fx plugin, installed the license, and got the same problem:

"The chosen operation is not currently available"

Comes up for all operations

• Odysseus Levy
      Odysseus Levy
      2009-03-24

Here is the Eclipse stack trace that I am getting.

This seems to be the relevant error:
      !MESSAGE Plug-in com.farata.logger was unable to load class com.farata.logger.ui.action.ToggleLoggerDependencyAction

!ENTRY com.farata.licensemanagement 1 0 2009-03-24 13:30:04.755
      !MESSAGE Startup License Check Activated

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-03-24 13:33:24.921
      !MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.farata.logger (421).
      !STACK 0
      org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in com.farata.logger.Activator.start() of bundle com.farata.logger.
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1018)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:260)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:400)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:417)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:189)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:340)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:408)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:369)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:357)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:289)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1269)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:160)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:788)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:51)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:252)
          at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:67)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:248)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.createDelegate(PluginAction.java:122)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:228)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:546)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:490)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:402)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1495)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1519)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1504)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1295)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3350)
          at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2950)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
          at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
          at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
          at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlexBuilderApplication.start(FlexBuilderApplication.java:112)
          at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
          at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508)
          at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)
          at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
      Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Path variable value must be valid and absolute.
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.PathVariableManager.checkIsValidValue(PathVariableManager.java:65)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.PathVariableManager.setValue(PathVariableManager.java:190)
          at com.farata.activator.PluginUpdater.updatePluginHomeVar(PluginUpdater.java:51)
          at com.farata.logger.Activator.start(Activator.java:47)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)
          at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
          ... 55 more
      Root exception:
      org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Path variable value must be valid and absolute.
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.PathVariableManager.checkIsValidValue(PathVariableManager.java:65)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.PathVariableManager.setValue(PathVariableManager.java:190)
          at com.farata.activator.PluginUpdater.updatePluginHomeVar(PluginUpdater.java:51)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:260)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:417)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:189)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:340)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:408)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:369)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:357)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:289)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1269)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:160)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:788)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:51)
          at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:248)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:546)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:490)
          at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:402)
          at com.adobe.flexbuilder.standalone.FlexBuilderApplication.start(FlexBuilderApplication.java:112)
          at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2009-03-24 13:33:24.934
      !MESSAGE Could not create action delegate for id: com.farata.logger.loggerDependencyAction

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.registry 4 1 2009-03-24 13:33:24.934
      !MESSAGE Plug-in com.farata.logger was unable to load class com.farata.logger.ui.action.ToggleLoggerDependencyAction.
      !STACK 0
      org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.farata.logger (421).
          at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:125)
      Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in com.farata.logger.Activator.start() of bundle com.farata.logger.
          at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1018)
          ... 50 more
      Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Path variable value must be valid and absolute.
          ... 55 more