Pushing changes from server to DataCollection

2011-12-05
2013-04-29
  • Nono Carballo
    Nono Carballo
    2011-12-05

Hi

I recently needed to notify a DataCollection about changes on its elements originated on the server, not the client. On the java back end I generated a ChangeObtect with the information about the element and pushed the ChangeObject list to the client sending a message to the DataCollection's consumer destination.

The ChangeObject list arrived to the DataCollection, even when the changes were not originated on the client the changes were succesfully applied. The method responsible for applying the changes, "processChange" uses the method "find" to locate the element coming in the ChangeObject in the collection, but if the element we are looking for is hiden because a filter function was applied, the method "find" returns -1 and the element is added to the collection rather than being modified.

It wouldn't be better if the find method iterates over the source array of the DataCollection instead of the current collection view.

WBR
    Nono

• Nono,
    I have checked in the modified DataCollection. Method find(item) has now two arguments find(item,ignoreFilter=false). If one is using find(item, true) find will perform search through dataCollection.list, as oppose to dataCollection itself.
    Consequently, processChange() is using notation find(item, true).
    Please let me know the results.
    WBR,
    Victor

• Nono Carballo
    Nono Carballo
    2011-12-07

Thank you very much Victor. Now all is working fine.

BTW, with the new changes I think ClearToolkit deserves it's own book.

WBR

Nono

• Nono Carballo
    Nono Carballo
    2011-12-08

Victor

The following line in method find in DataCollection provokes stack overflow when
    ignoreFilter=false

var list:IList = ignoreFilter? list = this.list : list=this;

this one fixes the problem

var list:IList = ignoreFilter? this.list : this;

WBR

Nono