18th April 2008 Claws Mail 3.4.0
CLAWS MAIL RELEASE NOTES
Claws Mail is a GTK+ based, user-friendly, lightweight, and fast
New in this release:
* Added support for /dev/mem_notify. This Linux kernel feature
will allow applications to be notified that memory has to be
freed before getting OOM-killed.
For more information: http://lwn.net/Articles/267013/
* Enabled moving/copying folders to root folders when using the
folder selection dialogue.
* Global and per-folder templates can now override the From name.
* Added a tooltip with extended folder stats. (Hover the cursor over
the short stats on the right, below the message list.)
* Implemented 2-line items in the message list when in three column
* Added support for png themes.
* Added an icon for attached patches (text/x-patch and text/x-diff).
* When viewing a message that has a large amount of text, show a
maximum of 1MB of text and add a noticeview to show optionally show
the whole message.
* Added a button to the templates preferences to restore defaults for
* Added search in filtering rules list.
* Bogofilter Plugin:
Added a "learn from whitelist" preference.
Added information when fetching large messages.
Added support for Kmail/Kaddressbook.
* Updated translations: Brazilian Portuguese, Finnish, French,
German, and Italian.
* Bug fixes:
o bug 1494, 'Trayicon plugin breaks UI...' (MAEMO)
o bug 1515, 'large messages crash claws when syncing for
o bug 1532, '"login refused" message insufficiently
o bug 1533, 'Claws is unable to mark messages as "read" in
IMAP shared folders'
o bug 1534, 'Segmentation fault when doing some draft saving
and then throwing away'
o bug 1539, 'Program crashes':
Setup Gcrypt's thread functions when built with
o bug 1541, 'Deleting message from within read window
displays next message then closes.' (MAEMO)
o bug 1553, 'File lock not respected'
o bug 1555, 'Bug with the feature "save a copy of outgoing
messages in this folder"'
o bug 1559, 'Claws Mail crashed deleting all common contacts'
o bug 1561, 'Crashes leaving unsubscribed folder after
ticking "Show only subscribed"'
o bug 1562, 'Claws-Mail does not completely respect settings
in GTK2_RC_FILES environment'
o Fix blinking of the taskbar entry.
o Fix folder view's scrollbar at startup if starting hidden.
o If no MH mailbox and no account exists, when creating a
POP/Local account, just create it and use the default one
instead of bailing with a "Mailbox doesn't exist" error.
o Clean up session disconnection. Possibly fix Ubuntu bug
o Fix RedHat bug 431735, 'segfault if /home is full'
o Fix compose template formats (in global preferences)
getting translated under specific conditions.
o Fix updating of tags menu.
o Fix log size getting out of control (claws-mail getting
SIGXFSZ): rotate if every 10MB.
o Fix debian bug 474712, 'claws seg faults when IMAP
connection breaks after an IMAP protocol error (BAD UID
SEARCH Invalid parameter: $Forwarded)]'
For further details of the numbered bugs listed above consult
See ChangeLog for full information regarding changes in this release.
Log in to post a comment.