Windows XP Explorer had the advanced pane at left, which let to:
- See details (size, dates);
- Perform typical tasks (Delete, Rename, Map drives etc.);
- Go to favorite places (customized by TweakUI).
The option groups were organized into collapsible nodes.
Is it possible to create such pane in Windows 7 Explorer?
- It would be nice to be able to hide the toolbar with Organize button, as it's a typical task from the point #2. As well as the other commands on the toolbar. Now the toolbar is hard locked.
- At least, current Details pane, attached to the left (instead of to the bottom) would be a good start.
- Making all panes (including the requested one) dockable like Visual Studio windows and lockable like the othe toolbars would be just great.