Windows 8 metro style custom button

2012-11-13
2012-12-03
  • Pastor Joubert

Pastor Joubert - 2012-11-13

I have put in a little bit of work creating a smooth and clean windows 8 style button.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19143385/StartMenuIconMetro3.png

It was very simple to put together, but I am sure some may like having to not make one.

if anyone can post a link to a better metro theme than the one that comes with classic shell ( say... a pack of every color to go with the default windows 8 colors) it would save me some trouble :P

here is what it could look like https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19143385/desktopsample.jpg, if you take the time to match colors (my button is compatible with all 16+ million colors you can make your task bar, the metro theme from classic shell is not)

Last edit: Pastor Joubert 2012-11-13
  • Ivo Beltchev

Ivo Beltchev - 2012-11-13

I think I need to create a special forum for user-created skins and buttons. I will look into that over the weekend.

• Pastor Joubert

Pastor Joubert - 2012-11-14

it is always nice to have a hub to share content for such a great open source project.

• xpclient

xpclient - 2012-11-14

Btw, the Windows 8 logo should SLIGHTLY animate. That would be an authentic logo. Press Win+C repeatedly and observe how the Windows 8 logo in the Charms slightly changes its angle.

• Pastor Joubert

Pastor Joubert - 2012-11-18

Never noticed this, I will have to turn animations back on to see this.

• I see it now. yet I am not sure I can replicate this, the button can only have 3 states. inactive, hover, pressed.

• this is a very inconstant animation, It appears only when using win+C, not charms gestures.

Last edit: Pastor Joubert 2012-11-18
  • Tarl

Tarl - 2012-11-16

Good job Pastor, I'm using your button if you don't mind! :)

• sourcesearcher

sourcesearcher - 2012-12-03

Simple and clean, thank you Pastor.