Classic Explorer 3.6.4 causes Windows Explorer to stop working

• recklessmaverick

After installing and configuring CE 3.6.4 Windows Explorer randomly stops working when I right click on a folder in the navigation pane. Sometimes this happens the first time I right click and sometimes I get a few in before it happens. It happens predominantly when right clicking on drives and folders under My Computer. This began after I configured the tool bar with buttons and icons. Icons came from shell32.dll and also from the free glyFX Vista and XP collections.

I tried everything I could think of from rebooting to removing all external drives to using Synaptics mousepad instead of my USB Logitech mouse. Even tried disabling the the toolbar and the problem would not go away. I had to use system Restore to go back to the restore point before the installation.

System is a clean install of Windows7 on a Toshiba Laptop. Clean install was using a Win 7 install disc NOT a Toshiba configured version of Win 7.

I'm going back to an earlier version and see if the problem returns. Will report back later.

• Ivo Beltchev

Ivo Beltchev - 2012-12-25

Nothing has changed in the past few versions regarding the Windows Explorer intergration.
    Please contact me at so we can get to the bottom of this.

• recklessmaverick

Done. Email on the way. Merry Christmas.

Last edit: recklessmaverick 2012-12-25