There is a somewhat hard to reproduce bug in Classic Shell that causes the foreground window to disappear and lose focus, which I've encountered many times and is driving me crazy. :)
My setup is as follows:
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open some window in the background (say, Windows Explorer).
2. Open some window in the foreground (some other program).
3. Press and release the Windows key on the keyboard.
4. VERY QUICKLY after you've released the Windows key (i.e. within the span of ~100 ms or so, if I had to approximate), start typing (just press any letter).
5. The classic start menu has now popped up at the top of the screen.
6. Notice that your key was NOT entered into the "search" box.
7. Notice that the window in the foreground has now gone BEHIND the window that was behind it.
8. Notice that the window in the foreground nevertheless STILL has focus, and anything that you type will go into that window instead of into the search box.
I think this problem didn't use to exist in version 3, but it has existed throughout version 4 as far as I can tell. You have to press the keys relatively quickly, so if it doesn't work the first time try again.
Log in to post a comment.