Menu

Protection in real Time

2005-07-26
2012-09-05
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Nobody/Anonymous

It adds to the Clamwin the protection in real time.

• Nobody/Anonymous

If the mail client like Thunderbird runs Clam over mails folders each time the mails arrive.
      I know that is just for mails.

• Nobody/Anonymous

ClamRT is a very nifty program. Now if only we could make it run as a service...

• Nobody/Anonymous

clamWin is an alternative for all who don't wanna buy expensive antivirus tool, but i see there is no "on access protection" and also runs slowly when it is combined with outlook or scanning hard drive files.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Having only HTTP scan wouldn't be full enough, as viruses are also introduced via network, exploits, etc.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I think realtime is not the correct term but if this means an "on-access-scanning" feature I would strongly second this request !

Regards

Gerry

• Nobody/Anonymous

on-access-scanning someday?

• Nobody/Anonymous

I would highly suggest real time and HTTP scanning.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I think this will be a good Idea as sometimes viruses start working right away, and the schedule will not run till late that night if set at all. Im no scripting guru but will help out with testing.

• Nobody/Anonymous

After using ClamAV for both my linux and windows boxes, I can surely say that getting 'on-access' scanning would help out a great deal.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I Just want to say that I strongly agree with those wanting "on-access" scanning !

• Nobody/Anonymous

on-access scanning would definately be a useful feature, and is actually the only reason i didn't get this av.

• Nobody/Anonymous

This protection is that one in real time as in the others antivirus.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm a bit of an amateur coder myself and would like to know what makes real time scanning such a difficult add on?

• Fred Laxton

Fred Laxton - 2005-08-21

I'm sure ClamWin is a fine project, and I use clamav on my Linux email servers for clients. However, until a real-time scanner is included, I can't recommend it to clients, so they're stuck with the usual vendors that don't want to actually solve the virus problem, as much as be able to charge their customers forever for updates ;=)

ClamWin REALLY REALLY REALLY needs a real-time scanner. It would be a big win for the Open Source community. I would help if I could, but I don't know enough about Windows APIs to do anything. I use Linux/Mac OSX for my computers, so it's not an issue for me specifically.

Thanks!

Fred

• Fabio Teatini

Fabio Teatini - 2005-08-21

I NEED this feature!
      How can I help ?

• Wren Turkal

Wren Turkal - 2005-08-23

I am putting up a $500.00 USD bounty for this feature right now. If anyone is interested in putting more money up, feel free.

Payment will be made upon the release of a version of the official Clamwin that includes an on-access scanner that doesn't significantly reduce the performance of a computer in a desktop environment. The Payment will be made to the developer that does the work to get the feature implemented and into Clamwin. If multiple developers work in tandem, the money will be divided between the developers in a manner proportional to the amount of effort of the developers.

I feel that this program represents one of the best things going in the OSS world for Windows, and I would like to do what I can to help as a non-developer.

Please email me through my sf.net account for more details.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I can translate ClamWin on polish language, but i can find files to translate....
      I find also program called WinPooch, this program works with ClamWin, and ads On-access scanning, but its only alpha version, i translate WinPooch too, maybe CamWin developers should look in to the code of WinPooch, and finally make on-access scanning :)

i'm from poland so my english isnt good.
      If you know who fiels i can translate, write angelos at vp.pl

• Nobody/Anonymous

I use the Clamav software on e-mail servers. It's very good solutions. it could be better if you create possibility of Windows protection in the real time. Do you have any difficulties to prepare this?

best regards
      Bern

• Nobody/Anonymous

They probably need money and time. Is anyone else willing to put up money to help make this feature happen?

• Nobody/Anonymous

Well, perhaps before on-access scanning is implemented, a proper healing of files should be implemented in addition to quarantine and delete options.

Which is more important -- removing a virus from a file or on-access scanning? I think both would be huge bonuses.

-Mart.

• Brian Hartvigsen

I'm looking into writing an on access scanner for ClamWin as we speak. Getting everything together and doing a ton of research. This is not the kind of thing you want take lightly. On access scanners require that you use a file system filter to catch possible manipulations of the file.

I need to know what platforms people are using. Right now I'm going to concentrate on XP as that's what I use, however the system driver would work for 2K and 2003 as well. Windows 95/98/ME are a completely differant story to my current understanding.

I'm going to get in contact with wturkal as well, not that I wasn't going to do this anyway, but if I can get paid to do it, I can free up more time and have it done sooner.

• alch

alch - 2005-09-03

tresni, I do have a filter driver working. What we miss is a pure win32 port of libclamav, if you could help us with that it would be great

• Wren Turkal

Wren Turkal - 2005-09-05

This sounds good. I need you guys to make sure to define what percentage of the effort each of you is putting into the project so that I can divide the reward appropriately.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

Is it possible to know when this necessary feature will be implemented?

FH

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)