Menu

Having trouble creating users

Help
2019-07-06
2019-08-26
  • Sherwin Gaddis

Sherwin Gaddis - 2019-07-06

When I create a user there is not place to enter a password. How do I set user password?
    I have been clicking around the software for about an hour now and can't find anywhere to set a userpassword

When I try to add a new user, I get this error message.

Cannot execute query.
    INSERT INTO user_usr (usr_per_ID, usr_Password, usr_NeedPasswordChange, usr_LastLogin, usr_AddRecords, usr_EditRecords, usr_DeleteRecords, usr_MenuOptions, usr_ManageGroups, usr_Finance, usr_Notes, usr_Communication, usr_Admin, usr_Style, usr_SearchLimit, usr_defaultFY, usr_UserName, usr_EditSelf, usr_Canvasser) VALUES (6,'5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99',1,'2019-07-06 09:58:44', 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 'RegStyle.css', 10,23,"EdTor",1,0)

Incorrect date value: '0000-00-00' for column 'usr_showSince' at row 1

Last edit: Sherwin Gaddis 2019-07-06
  • djfkc

djfkc - 2019-07-10

The default password for a user is set via the Admin -> General Configuration Settings sDefault_Pass variable. The user must change it when they initially sign-on.

• Sherwin Gaddis

Sherwin Gaddis - 2019-07-10

Thanks but that is not my issue. We have an existing system and I was upgrading the latest version. When I first logged in, I saw the flash of updating. Which I thought was great but when I went to add a current person in the system to make them a user. I get the error message above.

I tried it several times. The only way I could get it work was from the database. I copied the admin entry and reinserted changing the name to admin2 then going into the interface. I now could see a second admin and I reset the password there from the admin screen. Then the second admin could login.

But right now, the normal way does not work.

• Michael Wilt

Michael Wilt - 2019-08-26

The upgrade script is not fixing the default value for the field usr_showSince so creating new records will generate this error. You should be able to fix this using phpMyAdmin- edit the schema for user_usr and set the default value for this field to some valid date (e.g. 1980-01-01)

Mike

Michael Wilt
    ChurchInfo Team Leader