Garland Stern - 2006-06-07

In a Windows environment, I have a hodgepodge of server PCs with which to make a mural.  Since the hodgepodge has varying graphic capabilities, I'd like to be able to have the more capable PCs display higher resolution tiles than the less capable ones.  If I set all resolutions the same, I can display a mural with the edges matching OK, starting from a config setup as in warp_demo.conf, but I've got two problems:

1)  tilesort calculates its own notion of the total mural size and position from the transforms specified with tilesortSpu.AddDisplay( ... ) so I don't seem to be able to re-position the image within the mural - any translations added to the tile transformations get effectively undone by the tilesort window calculations.

2)  if I mix resolutions, I can't find the proper transformations to get edges at mixed-res boundaries to match.

Since my tiling is regular as far as the source image is concerned, it seems that I would like to use a 'uniform grid' bucket mode as in something derived from simplemural.conf, but when I try this with the render SPU windows enlarged I get the same image as if they weren't, but occupying only a corner of the enlarged window.

It looks like I'm going to have to modify tilesort to accept an externally specified mural window, but if anyone has already addressed these issues, I love to hear from you (please, please (thank you, thank you)!)