Techari
2012-09-17
2013-01-04
  • Techari

Techari - 2012-09-17

I need to know how to expand screen on server for chicken of the vnc

• dustinac

dustinac - 2012-09-18

What do you mean? You want to change the resolution of the remote screen? How you do that is specific to the remote operating system. The remote computer just sends whatever screen size it's using and Chicken displays it at that size.

• Anonymous - 2012-09-19

how can i find, open and adjust the remote operating system? The receiving screen's Chicken display is a small box and the screen is pretty big..

• dustinac

dustinac - 2012-09-21

On a Mac, you can change the resolution by going to System Preferences > Displays > Display. On other operating systems, I don't know, but it should be in Preferences or Control Panel or whatever the equivalent is. But now it sounds like your problem is not the size of the remote display but the fact that the Chicken window is smaller than the remote display. There should be a resizing thingy in the lower right. Does this not work for you? What about the green maximize button in the upper left?

• Anonymous - 2012-09-24

I need to maximize the receiving screen's chicken window.. the control screen is fine.. but the other computer screen is not big and i dont know how to enlarge it.

• dustinac

dustinac - 2012-09-25

Now I'm more confused. Let's standardize on some terminology: "local" = the computer that's in front of you, on which you run Chicken. "remote" = the other computer that you're connecting to. "remote display size" = the size of the physical display/monitor on the remote computer. "Chicken window" = the window that Chicken creates through which you interact with the remote computer.

The Chicken window should be resizable using the standard OS X methods. If it is smaller than the remote display size, you should have scroll bars. You can't make it bigger than the remote display size because then it wouldn't have anything to show you in the extra space.

The remote display size is completely determined by the remote computer. For example, I have a laptop whose LCD display is 1680x1050. If I set up a VNC server on this computer and connect to it using Chicken, so that the laptop is functioning as the remote computer, then I'll have a remote display size of 1680x1050. In this example, the remote computer is a Mac and on a Mac laptop you can change the display resolution to be less than the screen can support using System Preferences > Displays through the VNC connection. But I can't change it to be more because there's no way to display a resolution of more than 1680x1050 on that hardware.

The point of VNC is to be able to use a remote computer as if you're sitting in front of it. This means that if the remote computer has a small screen, then when you connect to it over VNC, you get a small screen. If there's some way to convince the remote computer that its display size is larger, like plugging a larger monitor into the remote computer, then you'll get a larger display over VNC as well. But, Chicken is only a VNC client so when it connects to a remote computer, the remote computer tells Chicken the display size and Chicken displays what it's supposed to display.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks