Domain change

• Giovanni Di Sirio

I just finished moving the web site to a new domain:
    Please update your bookmarks.

All the old pages should redirect to the equivalent page on the new domain, please let me know if there are problems with redirection or content (documentation pages generated using doxygen are still on SF, just the main site has been moved).

There were several reasons for the move:
    - A domain is nice to have, it should increase recognition for the project.
    - SF is nice and all but the pages load time is too slow so had to find a different solution.
    - It is a preparation move for the 2.2.0 release.
    - I needed some email addresses.

I am also considering opening a different forum, I think this board is too limited for any serious use, it does not even allow editing. Please let me know what do you think about this, would registering to another forum be too troublesome?

• Liam Staskawicz

Liam Staskawicz - 2010-12-05

A different forum would be fine for me - I wouldn't mind creating a separate login for it.

Looking forward to 2.2.0!

• Frank J. Beckmann

I would not mind a better forum.

• kgysmits

kgysmits - 2010-12-07

Better forums help create better communities.

• Giovanni Di Sirio

I created the new board here:

It is not "official" yet, I am just asking for feedback and suggestions. This PHPBB thing has way too many things to configure IMHO and it is possible something is not configured properly.

• Jacon

Jacon - 2010-12-08

That new board has one serious drawback from my point of view - lack  of "Monitor" function,
    so I would remember to go into it just to check for any new topics/posts,
    instead of just read my emails…

• Giovanni Di Sirio

Hi Jacon,

There is a "subscribe" function for both entire forums and single topics, I just tested it and seems to work.

• Jacon

Jacon - 2010-12-08

Yep - thank you, Giovanni :-)

• Jacon

Jacon - 2010-12-08

There is a "subscribe" function for both entire forums and single topics, I just tested it and seems to work.

Sorry, Giovanni - but you apparently have not used "Monitor" function here before.

Please kindly discover below, what I get from new board via that "Subscribe" function:

You are receiving this notification because you are watching the forum,
    "Support" at "ChibiOS/RT free embedded RTOS". This forum has received a new
    topic since your last visit, "Can not create topic in Feedback branch". You
    can use the following link to view the forum, no more notifications will be
    sent until you visit the forum.

It definitely has nothing to do with simply copying complete posts from this board by "Monitor"
    function and sending them to me as email posts!

I don't want to be _informed_ about new topics/posts - I want to _read_ them remotely,
    and access  the board when I want to post something myself only!
    Especially the last sentence of above notification is really confusing…

• Giovanni Di Sirio

Admittedly I never bothered with monitoring, the new forum seems to not have this functionality, hopefully the other advantages can compensate for the loss.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks