I would like to announce a new development release of ChangingSong.
Source code tarballs:
Release Notes for ChangingSong
18 May 2010
User visible changes:
* add create/delete songs
* add searching in songs
* add export of presentation to PDF
* add lock (freeze) content of presentation
* add preview of presentation to control dialog (presentation mode)
* add context menu to Presentation window - fullscreen and moving to
* add more song examples
* win32: ability to read songs with filenames containing non ASCII
* items in song list are alphabetically sorted (locale aware sorting)
* dialog with system information is better organized
* Keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+F search in songs, Ctrl+L lock presentation
Development visible changes:
* newer library versions required:
* Python 2.6
* PyQt >= 4.6
* Qt >= 4.5
* use of more pythonic PyQt API:
* no need to do conversion from/to QString and QVariant types
* heavy refactoring:
* folder structure simplified and reorganized
* cslib.io.song and cslib.pr.view simplified
* update pyutilib to v3.2
* add Nose v0.11.3 (unit test execution) to svn
* add Whoosh v0.3.18 (search and indexing) library to svn
* OpenLyrics (used data format) development as a standalone project
* On Ubuntu 10.04 colors of video may not be properly handled.
* Video background will probably never work on Ubuntu 9.10.
* Saving of windows position and properties is not properly handled.