new data format

2008-03-13
2013-04-26
  • Martin Zibricky

Martin Zibricky - 2008-03-13

People around project openlp.org would like to cooperate with us in some areas.
    Using the same data format (be able to export data in between both apps) might be the 1st form of cooperation.

Information about data format:
    http://changingsong.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/ChangingSong_Data_Format

You can say your comments to data format specs and what all should be included in the specs.

• Raoul Snyman

Raoul Snyman - 2008-03-13

• Martin Zibricky

Martin Zibricky - 2008-03-13

If you want to try app openlp.org under Linux, it is working in wine 0.9.53.
      With this wine version it works for me and a few other people.

• Martin Zibricky

Martin Zibricky - 2008-03-19

I'm aware lyric syntax needs to be reworked to allow rich text.
      But I would like to see keeping the syntax of lyrics in some form because I like adding new songs just by typing a text in special form. Internally the text might be saved arbitrarily but in text editor the text should be visible for the user in this special form(type of opensong lyric syntax).

• Zach

Zach - 2008-03-20

I would like to see the chords handled a bit differently.  I love the way you can input them right now but to my understanding it cripples the output a bit.  If you want to have the chords in a different font size or font to save paper space for long songs than the lyrics than it makes the chords out of sync with the words.  I would like to see each chord linked to a letter in the lyrics so they would be tied to a part of a word and would float to the right spot if font size was changed.

Also changing fonts would also mess up the current method as some fonts don't have equal widths for all characters.

I will post the feature suggestions in the functionality forum but it has to do with the devel implementation so I thought It was appropriate here also.

I don't know how to exactly implement this but I think if it each cord is tied to a letter or word in code than the user interface could be programed to take inputs either in the old way or in a new way also.

• Ed Palmer

Ed Palmer - 2008-03-20

The chords in the current program ARE tied to a letter in the lyrics.  The first letter of the chord is anchored to the letter of the lyrics immediately below it.  That is why the lyrics editor uses a fixed-space font instead of a proportional one: this lets one accurately line up the chords and the lyrics.

If you change the size of the chord font or the lyrics font, the printed output should still line up properly.  There are potential issues if the difference in font size is significant simply because the current program doesn't have enough accuracy calculating font metrics.  For example, change the font size of the chords to 1 point.  This is the workaround to permit printing the words only.  If you have a chord that starts over a letter in the middle of a word, the printed output will still have a small break in the word before the letter that is tied to the chord.

• celsowm

celsowm - 2008-10-17

We could do a XML Schema for the new "xml data format"

• Martin Zibricky

Martin Zibricky - 2008-10-17

Could we continue this discussion in the mailing list?

• celsowm

celsowm - 2008-10-17

ok

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks