Formatting of presentation screen?

Geoff
2008-04-11
2013-04-26
  • Geoff

Geoff - 2008-04-11

Hi,

We are keen to use OpenSong at our Church.  Our plan to use a Toshiba laptop and a projector.

Pleased to report that it was quite easy to get the system up and running.

But, most likely due to the old/tired laptop, we can not adjust the output resolution of the video going to the projector.  Thus, the sides/top/bottom are getting trimmed off.

Is there a way to set the program to restrict its display to (say) 80% of the apparently available presentation screen area?  If not, is it possible to set margins when entering/editing a song?

Thanks,

Geoff.

• Martin Zibricky

Martin Zibricky - 2008-04-11

Hi Geoff,

>Is there a way to set the program to restrict its display to (say) 80% of the apparently available presentation screen area? If not, is it
      >possible to set margins when entering/editing a song?

Do you mean this sentences to be in the present tense? I think there isn't any way to do this in OpenSong.

About changingsong - we haven't created any program yet. We are just planning what to do.
      Therefore we couldn't use the phrase "is there a way to set the program" - there is not yet any program :)

But your question is a good point as new feature request.

thanks for it.

• Geoff

Geoff - 2008-04-28

Hi,

Not sure how my message ended up on this forum (as I thought I was posting to the main opensong forum) but glad that it did!

I reckon that it should be possible to "use" the default CSS file to influence the formatting of the presentation screen, not just the non-presentation screens (ie: song and set mode dialogs).

If this is not possible, perhaps some extra configurable settings for the routine that interprets the XML song/set files, to would allow some additional formatting of the presentation screen?

By the way, I have found that, if an "unbreaking space" is copied from a word processor and pasted into the song edit dialog, an actual space can be gained, thus "indenting" (albeit by only one space) continuation lines.

Geoff.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks