Why the switch to HTTP 1.0?

Anonymous
2004-03-12
2004-03-16
  • Anonymous - 2004-03-12

    When the switch was made from HTTP 1.1 to HTTP 1.0 between versions 1.3.0 and 1.3.1, I discovered that the Microsoft base station I have stopped responding to the search requests. Was there a compatibility issue that forced the change?

    Thanks,
    Darrell Young

     
    • Satoshi Konno

      Satoshi Konno - 2004-03-15

      Because the HTTP implementation of CyberLink isn't enough as HTTP v1.1, I changed the version header to HTTP v1.0.

      I might find the router device that can't responce from the control point from my latest CyberLink. I will check the problem in more detail using the router device.

       
    • Anonymous - 2004-03-15

      Your change fixed the issue with search packets, but, unfortunately, Actions do not work now, probably due to the fact that the Microsoft router I have will only deal with HTTP 1.1 packets (this is only an educated guess - I need to experiement more). I am not sure about other devices.

       
      • Satoshi Konno

        Satoshi Konno - 2004-03-16

        I want to check the Microsoft router, but I seem that the router is not released in Japan.

        However I could find the following devices using the control point of CyberLink v1.3.2a in my home yesterday.

        1.BUFFALO WBR-G54 (EmbededLinux/UnknownUPnPSDK)
        2.Sony Cocoon CSV-EX9(MontavistaLinux/SonyNSC SDK,UPnP Core,v1.3.4)
        3.Intel Media Server(WIN32/Intel or Microsoft UPnP SDK)

        I have to check with othre UPnP devices more. Please tell me if you have any problems with other UPnP devices :-)

         

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks