Menu

Is there a way to hide finished jobs?

Zeph
2012-03-23
2012-12-11
  • Zeph

Zeph - 2012-03-23

Hi, I have a lot of finished jobs on the afwatch and because I may be interested to look at their stats in the future, I do not want to delete them. However this make monitoring of active jobs more difficult as there are too many jobs to scroll through. So is there a way to hide finished jobs? Thanks.

• Timur Hairulin

Timur Hairulin - 2012-03-23

Hm. There is on such feature yet. But sure, it can  be very useful for jobs store. And it very easy to implement. I'll do it next release (1.6.1).
    In 1.6.0 administrator has an ability to change jobs owner. So you can create special user "arch" to push stored jobs to.

• Zeph

Zeph - 2012-03-23

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Because I am watching under administrator mode, pushing the job may not help. Unless there is a way to exclude jobs from a particular user. I guess I will have to wait for your next release. Thanks…

• Timur Hairulin

There IS a way to exclude jobs from a particular user.

• Zeph

Zeph - 2012-03-23

Oh! How do I do that?

• Timur Hairulin

Sort & Filter control just above jobs list (and any other list).
    Default filter method is already "User Name Contain", so you can just type user name any time.

• Timur Hairulin

ps
    I should make this control more clear too in the next versions.

• Zeph

Zeph - 2012-03-26

Cool… Thanks for your info. I have been using the filter for some time but did not know that I can right click to adjust the filter method. :p Oops… I should do more right clicking. Thanks.

• Timur Hairulin

Timur Hairulin - 2012-03-26

I am implementing such feature right now.
    May be better not "hide done jobs", but have an ability to set any job (and render) to hidden?
    And a setting in afwatch whether to show or not hidden nodes?
    ( if it will automatically hide done jobs, it can looks like the job was deleted )

• Timur Hairulin

Timur Hairulin - 2012-03-26

Both variants already done, will be in 1.6.1
    "Hide" menu contains: hidden(new parameter), done, error, offline and an ability to invert (to show hidden nodes only).
    +ability to set/unset hidden parameter.
    +also all that for renders list too.