Menu

CGRU for 3D gaming ?

2013-03-03
2013-03-04
  • Incoherences

Incoherences - 2013-03-03

Hi,

I had a brilliant idea this morning... To use my two old penthium 4 to "share cpu charge".
    I Googled my idea and soon discovered this was already existing. lol!

After a little reading time, I searched for a free "render farm manager" and found CGRU.

Since I'm not 3D artist and do not use any of the mentioned 3D softwares...
    My question is:

Is CGRU can be used for any kind of CPU networking ?
    Example (and my case):

I played a 3D direct IP game yesterday (Sins of a Solar Empire) with a friend.
    Our game map is so huge that when the fun was just starting (after 4 hours just setting up our strategic position in the HUGE map), my pc (a Lenovo Thinkpad X200) started to lag... CPU was at 100% tight.

So I'm looking at my 2 old P4 that could easily wired to my ethernet hub...

I would like to know, before any installation try, if CGRU will be useful for me... Or if there is some other solution (except to buy a new computer!!).

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Last edit: Incoherences 2013-03-03
  • Timur Hairulin

Timur Hairulin - 2013-03-04

Any render farm manager (designed for computer graphics) just run commands on a remote host.
    If you know the command that can help you, render farm manager can help you.
    But if you have only one computer, one user and one command you can simple run it manually.
    Render farm managers helps to manage a queue of lots of commands from lots of users on lots of remote host (render farm).

Last edit: Timur Hairulin 2013-03-04