I've just released cgkit alpha5: http://cgkit.sourceforge.net/
- Easier usage as external dependencies are delayed until they are
really used. This makes it easier to use most parts of the package even
when you do not have PIL or PyOpenGL installed which may also be
advantageous when cgkit is used in software such as Blender or Poser.
- To further ease installation you can opt to install a 'light' version
which is implemented in pure Python. This light version only has limited
functionality (basically it provides the functionality of cgkit1) but it
has no dependencies at all (neither at runtime nor at installation time
(no C/C++ compiler required!)) and runs virtually anywhere (this should
also work on your mobile phone :).
- New BezierCurve object that is modelled after the spline shape in MAX
(MAX spline shapes can actually be exported with a special maxscript).
- New MotionPath component to animate objects or sample curves at
- The RMShader class does not need an external preprocessor anymore
(which makes life easier for Windows user).
- + quite a few more enhancements and bugfixes (see the changelog).
- Matthias -
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.