Having problem on installing pyprotocols on w

Help
wgan
2006-12-29
2013-03-24
  • wgan

wgan - 2006-12-29

I was trying to install pyprotocols though easy_install upon python 2.5, but it turned out a error message said extensions must be build with visual studio.net 2003 blah blah (the rest I assume some of you guys are familiar with), I actually use visual c++.net 2005 express version, is there any way to fix this (cuz I need pyprotocols to get cgkit work)

• Matthias Baas

Matthias Baas - 2006-12-30

As the distutils were already telling you Python extensions must be built with the same compiler version that was used to build Python itself. So you could either compile Python yourself (which means you have to compile all third-party packages as well) or you have to use VS 2003 (I think it's also possible to use either the free MS compiler or MinGW, but I have never tried either of these myself).

But if I remember correctly PyProtocols can also be used as a pure Python module which doesn't need any C++ compiler at all. Please check its documentation about this option.

- Matthias -

• wgan

wgan - 2007-01-01

Thanks, that worked out

For all others who got this problem, use the following flag when install pyprotocols
        python setup.py --without-speedups install

• jamsinux

jamsinux - 2007-07-09

i don't' know what the hell is pyprotocols doing to me!! i have pyprotocols 0.9.3 and it contains some files. one of these is setup.py, if i click on it a dos window onpens and closes again, but if i right click>edit with IDLE and run it a window pops up saying "close altogether?" ifi click yes, everything is gone, if no, i get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "D:\Users\jamsinux\Desktop\python development\proto\PyProtocols-0.9.3\setup.py", line 37, in <module>
          features    = {'speedups': speedups}
        File "C:\Users\jamsinux\Desktop\PyProtocols-0.9.3\setuptools\__init__.py", line 51, in setup
        File "C:\Python25\lib\distutils\core.py", line 139, in setup
          raise SystemExit, gen_usage(dist.script_name) + "\nerror: %s" % msg
      SystemExit: usage: setup.py [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ...]
         or: setup.py --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
         or: setup.py --help-commands
         or: setup.py cmd --help

error: no commands supplied
      >>>

heheheheheh please HELP!! thank you

-james-

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks