produceDataset() problem with cewolf10.a7?

Help
2004-09-23
2013-01-13
  • john mattucci

john mattucci - 2004-09-23

The produceDataset() is being called everytime even
    though hasExpired returns false and I use usecache="true"
    with cewolf 10.a7. I also tried the example application
    which is included in the tutorial and the outcome was the
    same. I then tried the same application with cewolf  9.8 and
    it works fine. Are you aware of any problems? Thank you for your time.

• Brian Fox

Brian Fox - 2004-09-24

What type of  storage are you using? Is every request coming from a different session? Guido's comments are:

/**
           * This method is called by the Cewolf framework to check if a formerly
           * produced data can be reused. If the data which had already been used
           * for chart rendering is still valid this method should return <code>true</code>.
           * If possible the Cewolf framework will try to reuse the rendered chart
           * image. If this is not possible because of some circumstances (e.g. the chart
           * had been removed from the image cache) the produceDataset method is called afterwards.
           * Therefore there is no guarantee that the dataset production is always
           * avoided if this method returns <code>true</true>.
           * @param params the production parameters of the already produced data
           * @param since the point in time when the already produced data had been produced
           * @return <code>true</code> if the data which had been produced with the
           * passed in parameters has expired since its creation, <code>false</code>
           * otherwise
           * @since 0.9
           */

• john mattucci

john mattucci - 2004-09-25

Shouldnt that comment read

"If the data which had already been used
      * for chart rendering is still valid this method should return <code>false</code>."

rather than

If the data which had already been used
      * for chart rendering is still valid this method should return <code>true</code>.

In the tutorial it reads
      " The hasExpired() method is called by the Cewolf framework if there already exits a data object produced by this producer in Cewolf's data cache. When returning true the producer signalizes that the data formerly used has expired."

Have you tried running the tutorial application with cewolf10.a7. The method produceDataset() is called every time, this should not happen.

• Brian Fox

Brian Fox - 2004-09-26

I haven't tried the tutorial with 10a7, but in my live application, I'm using 10a7 and produceDataset isn't called everytime the image is loaded. That's why I'm wondering if the session isn't being used, then the image isn't being stored any where and thus it needs to be generated everytime.

• john mattucci

john mattucci - 2004-09-25

Sorry I meant to writethe method produceDataset() is called every time, even when the hasExpired() returns false with the application provided in the tutorial. This should not happen

• john mattucci

john mattucci - 2004-09-26

this is the session info

cewolf;jsessionid=8C5D978CA5A4249D9A84FFB7218524E3?img=-1730707480
      cewolf;jsessionid=8C5D978CA5A4249D9A84FFB7218524E3?img=-1730802774

this shows that the same session is producing different images each time. I still dont understand why the same code would work fine with 9.8 and raise issues with 10.a7

• john mattucci

john mattucci - 2004-10-03

anyone

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks