From: Chris Laurel <claurel@gm...> - 2008-04-23 20:18:00
Here's a patch that implements a new version of cel URLs. As explained
before, the raison d'être for the new url version is to address the
problem with cel URLs becoming out of date whenever an orbit is
Since 1.5.0, cel URLs have been tagged with a version number:
- No version tag implies version 1; it indicates that the cel URL was
produced by a version of Celestia prior to 1.5.0
- Version 2 indicates a URL generated by Celestia 1.5.0 or 1.5.1
- Version 3 is implemented by this patch
A few points about the patch:
- After patching, Celestia for any platform will be able to load a
version 3 url.
- Only the Qt4 front-end has been modified to create version 3 urls.
Of course the intent is for all versions of Celestia to be able to
create version 3 urls
- Version 1 and 2 URLs should behave exactly as before in versions of
Celestia for all platforms
- The Add Bookmark dialog has a combo box for the time source. Try
creating a 'home bookmark' by setting the time source to 'System time
at activation'. It's cool!
If you try the patch, please let me know if you experience troubles
with cel URLs. The last thing I want to do is break cel URLs again
(those that wouldn't already be broken by star or planet position
Also, any feedback on the Qt4 bookmark UI is appreciated. Anything
else that would be useful to have? Import and export of bookmarks?
I opted to save all the bookmark icons inside the bookmarks xml file:
24x24 PNG files are base-64 encoded and placed in the icon attribute
of a bookmark. This may seem somewhat perverse, but 1) it's what
Firefox does, and 2) it makes it very easy to backup and exchange
bookmarks. Christophe T, if you're lurking on the developers forum,
I'd like to hear what you've got say on this matter. I see that the
KDE version saves bookmark icons as external files.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.