What is the relationship between cedet-java.el, android.el, and db-javap.el? My observations so far:
- cedet-java.el defines variables for the classpath, the javap command, etc., and defines methods for calling javap.
- db-javap.el in turn calls cedet-java.el's cedet-javap-get-class.
- db-javap.el gets used by Semantic, via an override of semanticdb-find-table-for-include in db-javap.el
- db-javap.el also defines its own semanticdb-javap-classpath.
- But then db-javap.el seems not to use that semanticdb-javap-classpath in semanticdb-javap-classpath-objects
- Instead, semanticdb-javap-classpath-objects uses just the EDE project's ede-java-classpath method.
- android.el defines an ede-javap-classpath method to its EDE project.
I think I see some patterns here.
- android.el defines an EDE project type for Android projects (A Java EDE project type probably would look similar).
- cedet-android.el defines helper functions for Android projects, but isn't directly related to EDE or Semantic.
- Semantic/SemanticDB gets tags for JAR files from db-javap.el, which uses helper functions in cedet-java.el.
Some specific questions I have are:
- Where should I set my classpath? cedet-java-classpath-extension? semanticdb-javap-classpath? ede-java-classpath in an EDE project? Some combination thereof?
What is semanticdb-javap-classpath for, since it's not referenced anywhere? Is it vestigial?
- Few of the functions in cedet-java.el are interactive. As a user of CEDET, Semantic, and EDE, should I largely ignore this file?