Menu

Yamaha 2100E 16x10x40

Help
Anonymous
2001-02-20
2001-02-27
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2001-02-20

I have tried quite a few times to burn a cd with this, but it always fails. (scsi input/output error)

The lower the speed the closer it gets to competing, but i'd have to go below 8x. Its a 550 mhz athlon with 128 megs of ram doing _nothing else_ but burn the cd.

I realize the drive just came out, and I may have to wait for a newer release to support this drive -- I just want to make sure I'm getting expected results and any thoughts on when this cdrw will be supported?

• Andreas Mueller

Andreas Mueller - 2001-02-27

The drive should be suppored by the current cdrdao
      version. If it is an ATAPI drive and the drive
      is connected to the same IDE channel as the source
      device (CD-ROM, hard disk) please try to connect
      the recorder to a different IDE channel. The IDE
      Bus interface does not allow overlapping commands
      so that the recorder and the source device will
      block each other. At 16x speed this might really
      lead to buffer under runs.

If may guess does not reply please send me a
      complete log of a simulation run.

Andreas

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2001-02-27

Actually, since that last post, and a BIOS update, i have been successful burning with cdrecord at 16x consistantly and cdrdao at 12x consistantly.

The throughput on cdrecord seems to run a bit higher, as the buffer with cdrdao starts to drop around 20% on a full 80 minute cd. I have tried many many many different buffer settings in an attempt to find a happy setting, but have been uncessful. Also, my box is now an 800 mhz athlon with 128 megs of ram, but this doesnt seem to make a difference. I have 3 harddrives installed, none of them seem to preferm any different reguarldess of the controller.

Anyways, I'm currently happy with 12x and 16x, so I have no more complaints! It would be nice to see it burn at 16x speed tho!

Btw, I am using gtoaster as a frontend, and thanks for cdrdao.