Well, my .hcf file grown up to 800MB and cdcat can't open it anymore, it just hangs. I don't know is it bug or not :-)
Cdcat reads the file size, calculate the lines, parse it and then display tree. Could you provide it for testing here? If possible, pack with 7zip and highest compression mode.
First of all, thanks for quick response.
Uploading file of 800MB over ADSL would be very painful. Last night I manually gunzipped .hcf file and as result I got 1.5GB XML file. Then I removed last four nodes (media tags) from that file - that was last 4 DVDs I added to catalog yesterday, and saved file. Then, using gzip, shrinked file to ~20MB, changed extension to .hcf and cdcat started without problems.
While I was palying with 1.5GB XML file, I saw lot of thumb<![CDATA[ tags. Then I decided to disable option Read thumbnails in cdcat, rescaned same 4 DVDs from yesterday and catalog growth for less than 1MB. Those DVDs have lot of photos BTW :-)
It's okay for me not to have thumbnails in catalog. As I see in media/nodes I added before, they don't have thumbnails anyway. I don't remember is it new feature, did I checked this option accidentally at some time, or it came enabled by default during last update/instalation by me but it is now disabled in my confugiration.
Few words about my system: Arch Linux, kernel 3.10.5, Core i3 CPU 3.1GHz, 8GB of RAM and, which may be important, I don't have swap partition/file.
I think this not a big issue because cdcat save method originally was not designed to have a lot of external data inside (e.g. pictures). So for now I'll close it. Later it could be helpful to have an option to override read options for each media.
Log in to post a comment.