keyframerate settings are ignored - why?

Help
Eyenrich
2008-02-06
2012-11-19
  • Eyenrich

Eyenrich - 2008-02-06

Hi!

I am developing software with Delphi and i am using the camstudio codec 1.0. What I try to achieve is to configure the keyframerate of the codec by using some components that use directshow means to access codecs, devices and so on. I tried TVideoGrabber and the VideoLab-components which provide means of setting the keyframerate by modifying properties or by calling some functions. Nothing seems to go wrong except that the codec simply ignores any settings. The reason I try to set the rate is that the codec per default only sets one single keyframe at the beginning of the video and then never again. The result is a video where seeking is really slow. A friend of mine used the codec in a Video for Window-context and there it seems to work. My guess now is that the codec istn fully DirectShow compatible and ignores some interface-calls - I have no other explanation. Or is there a way to configure the codec globally? Maybe by setting some registry keys? I also built a simple filter graph with GraphEdit, but saw no means to configure anything there.

Any help is greatly appreciated because this is driving me mad. Thanks!

Eyenrich

• Eyenrich

Eyenrich - 2008-02-06

Forgot to mention: thats on Windows XP, SP2, latest updates, latest DirectX.