Compile error

2009-06-23
2012-11-19
  • Philip Hannent

Philip Hannent - 2009-06-23

Good morning,

I am looking to bundle CamStudio with a product I develop.

I just downloaded 2.5b1 from here: http://camstudio.org/dev/

However there are loads of compile errors in VS2008.  So my questions are:

Where is the definitive head for CamStudio?

I need to get this translated into Italian in the next few days so I need the 2.X code base as that has support for that.  Who would be in charge of the commits?

Are there any plans to move to a distributed version control system like Git or monotone?  This would help as I prefer to work on improvements in small batches and then commit them to a central repository once things are good to use.

Also on the website it is stated that there is no developer lead on this project, is that job still open?

Regards
    Phil Hannent

• Nick Smith

Nick Smith - 2009-06-23

Hi Phil

There is a lead dev for CamStudio however at this time he's concentrating on earning a living (fair enough) and so CS has had to take a back seat for him.

There is a substantially (but partially) re-factored code on CamStudio's SVN repository which you should be able to access but if you can't, email me at support@camstudio.org and I will give you access.

There isn't anyone in charge of commits - just lil ol' non-programmer me, but drop me a line and I'll try to help you out as much as I can.

Cheers

Nick :o)

• Philip Hannent

Philip Hannent - 2009-06-23

Thanks for the quick reply.

What about a DVCS?

I am wanting to add CamStudio to my buildbot system here and could do with something like Git.  I'll use it internally but if there are plans or thoughts to move to another I would prefer to start with that.

Head compiles great by the way, plenty of warnings which I can help clean up.

Phil

• Nick Smith

Nick Smith - 2009-06-23

Hi Phil

There are no plans to move the source from Sourceforge SVN at this time, but feel free to use whatever internal tool you want to do your "thang" ...

https://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&group_id=131922

I'd recommend downloading everything from SVN first and use that, because (a) that's the most up-to-date version of the code and (b) it's been refactored using VS 2008 and as far as I know most if not all of those pesky compile warnings have been squished already, so there's no need for any unnecessary duplication of work or time on your part.

There are issues with the latest code and compiled binaries that will need to be addressed before the app (specifically the recorder.exe) is usable, so if you need a beta tester for any fixes or mods, email any new binaries to support@camstudio.org and I'll check 'em out and get back to you asap.

Cheers and thanks for any help in advance.

Nick :o)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks