How to configuration SID in Oracle CAM?

Help
KendoHoang
2013-12-03
2014-04-15
  • Serge Leontiev

Serge Leontiev - 2013-12-03

Could you please be more specific? Would you mind to share a screenshot of CAM Editor's Database Wizard for this connection?

Also please make sure that you can reach your Oracle server from this specific box. Maybe firewall is blocking access to Database Listener ports.

• drrwebber

drrwebber - 2013-12-04

Supplemental to Serge's notes - are you able to connect using Oracle SQL Developer to your database?

If so - then those same settings will probably work for the CAM connection manager also...

• Tony Slosar

Tony Slosar - 2014-02-07

Greetings to all and Happy New Year!

I have created and use quite a few templates each with a large number of custom constraints. Up until now I have only had to process single-byte UTF-8 data.

I have just started investigating processing multi-byte UTF-8 data and was hoping to get any insight from the community on strategies or solving any common issues I may encounter. I am using CAMV 2.0.1 and hope to not have to change versions if I don't have to.

Thanks for a fantastic solution - and thanks in advance for any assistance - it is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

• drrwebber

drrwebber - 2014-02-07

Tony, appreciate the feedback - probably should have started a new thread on this topic - but that's OK :-)

We believe there really should not be anything special to do - if your XML instance has encoding="UTF-8" in the prolog - then it should work.

We recently had someone creating templates with French language element tags and content - so should all work - we did make some bug fixes however - so recommend using the latest v3.1 release and CAMV.

Have fun!

• David O

David O - 2014-03-27

Hello,

I am also having trouble with making a connection to an Oracle database from within CAM. I get the error 'ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor.

I am able to connect to the database with SQL Plus via username/password@Entry in tnsnames.ora.

I should note that the entries in TNS Names use service name and not SID. Can we configure CAM to connect using entries in tnsnames.ora, or is there a place we can specify service name instead of SID as part of the connection parameters?

Thanks.

• drrwebber

drrwebber - 2014-03-27

You will need the information from inside the tnsnames.ora itself - the port #, and alias and so on and enter that into our connection manager configuration form. We are using JDBC/JDNI connection capability and not the tnsnames.ora to resolve the access control.

• David O

David O - 2014-04-15

Hello,

The Connection Manager has 'Connection Alias', 'Host', 'Port', 'Database Name' and 'Database User' as fields.

Which of these is supposed to correspond to service name?

I tried using service name in the 'Database Name' field, but this resulted in the ORA-12505 TNS:Listner does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor.

Thanks,
      David

• drrwebber

drrwebber - 2014-04-15

David, that is not how it works. Your DBA will need to provide you with the underlying connection information that is hidden inside the SID service connection configuration.

Essentially the SID service is a "short cut" for the actual connection details you need to provide to the connection manager. We are using generic JDBC.

Thanks, David

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks