Creating Subclass

Help
2005-01-26
2013-04-25
  • John Ingram

John Ingram - 2005-01-26

The subject is kind of vague, I guess.  I was following a (non-Camelbones) tutorial and subclassed NSObject in Interface Builder and had it create the files automatically.  When it created foo.m and foo.h I remembered that not all of XCode and Interface Builder is Perl :)

So how do I create a subclass in CamelBones?  Well, maybe I should be asking a different question.

I need toolbar, and apparently you can't make a toolbar in Interface Builder.  So that was the tutorial that I was following -- how to make a toolbar.  Apparently you have to do it in code. 

I also noticed there's a toolbar in ShuX, so I'll take a look at that code.  But if there's an easy answer to either question (how to make a perl subclass in Interface Builder OR how to make a toolbar in CamelBones) I'll take that.  Worst case scenario is that we create more chatter in this sparse forum, which would be a good thing.

Thanks,
    John

• Sherm Pendley

Sherm Pendley - 2005-01-27

No such thing as Perl subclasses in the current release. There is some support for that in CVS, but well, that's CVS - as you might expect, it ain't soup yet. :-)

The Toolbar in ShuX actually does serve as a fairly decent example. It's customizable, and a couple of the 'bar items use a custom view defined in IB and loaded from a NIB. So, it's more than just a row of buttons.

What would *REALLY* be a Very Good Thing for these fora would be a working NNTP interface to them. SF played around with one, never got it working quite right, and apparently abandoned the idea.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks