How to install CB 1.1.0-minmal

Help
kittekat
2007-12-19
2013-04-25
  • kittekat

kittekat - 2007-12-19

I downloaded "http://homepage.mac.com/seattlesparks/CB-1.1.0-minimal-embed.zip", expanded it and moved the folder CamelBones.framework as replacement under Developer/CamelBones/Frameworks of a CB 1.0.3 installation.

But still I don't see the "Perl / Cocoa Application" type in the "XCode / New Project" selection.

What step did I miss?

my system is a Mac mini / Intel with Mac OS X 10.5.1 (Leopard) and XCode 3.0

• Rachel Blackman

Rachel Blackman - 2007-12-19

The 'minimal' package was just a testbed build of the framework to make certain that Perl projects did not explode when the framework was replaced. 

The real CamelBones 1.1.0 (including bundled CPAN modules, Xcode 3 templates, an installer and so on) isn't ready yet.  We'll try to get the templates and installer done soonish. :)

• kittekat

kittekat - 2007-12-19

Thanks for the fast reply - I am looking forward! I got my Mac mini with leopard, so I have not seen CB in action. After several years of programming in Perl on different unix based platforms I am very curious on this experience. Educated in physics I started programming in 1968 (of course in FORTRAN) and collected experiences in a lot of operating systems until I met Mac OS X about one month ago. And I am still enthusiastic. I would like to start generating programs within the Cocoa framework without the necessity of learning also a new language (Object-C). So there is at least another one interested in CB in spite the feeling of Sherm, that everybody wants to use Ruby or Python 

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks