Welcome to Help

Help
2006-01-04
2013-03-22
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Welcome to Help

• x34460

x34460 - 2007-05-09

i have downloaded this software and tried it on 2 different laptops and 2 different desktops. between them, i have tried a lucent modem, an agree modem, a us robotics sportster modem, 3com 56k mini pci and a usr megahertz pcmcia card modem. i have been to so many modem help sites looking for which modem supports caller id and how to enable it but for all the different computers and modems i have tried, this software will not work on a a single one.

has ANYBODY had success using this software? if so, please let me know what kind of modem you used. the lt modem and us robotics are (were) quite common back in the day and i know caller id is supported on the lt. i wonder what i could be doing wrong.

if anybody has any suggestions, i would really like to get this software to work on one of my computers.

• Russell Black

Russell Black - 2007-05-09

Is the software able to connect to your modem?  Is it giving you any error messages?

• x34460

x34460 - 2007-05-10

thank you for your reply.

it would seem that the software does not detect pcmcia card or isa modems (i tried several).
      of the modems it did detect, all reported no caller id support but the lt win modem is listed as supporting caller id. i added the init strings as suggested on some forums to force caller id but i still cant get this software to work on xp or win2k.

are there any particular modems that this software works best with?
      again, i'm using 3com, USR, Lucent, Agere and Intel.. none of which are working with this app.

thanks.

• x34460

x34460 - 2007-05-14

well, thanks for trying to help.