Calindor / News: Recent posts

New Calindor site!

The www.calindor.net received a major face lift today. The old site was change to new of-the-shelf CMS which looks much nicer and have much more features.

The site will be the front end to the community, containing features like forums etc, while SF.net will provide a back end for development and releases.

Please check the site and send me comments.

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2008-01-15

Calindor Release 0.4.0 CTP3

After a long time of low activity, the CTP3 is finally available. The most important improvement over CTP2 is.... :drums: COMBAT. Yes, you can now attack and be attacked. You can also help your friends fight as all combat is multi-combat.
But if you though now it's your time to kill some innocent rabbits... think again ;) Server characters also have combat skills which they can level just the same way as you :) Pretty neat, eh?... read more

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2008-01-08

0.4.0 CTP3 comming soon

After months of low activity, I'm happy to announce that the next CTP release of version 0.4.0 is nearing completeness. The main goal for this release was to implement the combat system. This task is now done. What is left is testing, bug fixing and packaging. Please expect the release within a few next days.

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2008-01-05

Combat V1.0

Today I finished implementation of first version of combat code. The code itself is divided in two parts.The first is responsible for handling of the flow of combat (initiating attack, animating characters, multi character combat, etc). This part is done in about 80% of total scope. The second set of objects is responsible for handling combat rules(how to calculate hit chance, damage, experience). This part is only done in 20%, however at this point it is the best there will be. There are only two skills: Attack(Unarmed) and Defense(Dodge) and the calculations are simplified.
The system that is now allows:
- random animals health
- multicombat
- animals leveling
- player leveling
- random animals initial skill levels
- running from combat by player
- animals fight to the death or until the are no longer attacked
- attack and defense are separate actions, attacked player does not have to defend... read more

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2008-01-05

Anonymous posts

I enabled anonymous posts for all public forums. Fell free to posts your comments, even without joining SF.

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2008-01-01

Calindor is 'hiring'

If you are interested in joining the development of Calindor, please read this post https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1899771&forum_id=683615

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2007-12-26

Development on hold

During the last month there was no progress done on Calindor development. Seeing this as well as having other plans in RL at the moment, I decided to put the development on hold. The codes in the repository are updated to the latest version. If anybody is interested in continuing the development, do let me know.

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2007-07-21

Calindor Release 0.4.0 CTP2!

Another month of development has been closed with the release 0.4.0 CTP2. This release brings the following updates:
- bugfixes for starting map
- improved following
- attack / death / resurrect / respawn
- dimensions model

As always, if you have any comments / requests / bug reports, please use the project forums :)

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2007-06-24

www.calindor.net goes live!

A few days ago a domain calindor.net has been registered! The project page is now located at http://www.calindor.net. Please update your bookmarks. At this point the project page is still hosted on SF.net.

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2007-06-24

Calindor reported to work on Linux

As reported by Pete Schroeder, Calindor 0.4.0CTP1 works on Linux under Mono. Test configuration consisted of: Ubuntu Linux + Mono 1.2.3.1. That's great news becuase Calindor binaries are not specifically tested to work on Linux!

For more information see the thread on the forums:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1757185&forum_id=683615

If you happen to run Calindor on Linux and would like to report on it, please use the above mentioned thread.

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2007-06-24

Calindor Release 0.4.0 CTP1!

The first preview of version 0.4.0 is here!

New features include:
- inventory
- skills model
- harvesting plants
- npc (buying / healing)
- server characters

and....

a first Calindor map. Yes, that's right. The server now works 'out of the box'. No configuration is needed!

Please go to download section for binaries/codes and then post your comments on the forums!

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2007-05-26

First Calindor map

Today, the first custom map was added to the project. Big thanks to the author - evilmangopie.
The addition of this map means that the server will be runnable 'out of the box'.
The map will be included into the upcomming release 0.4.0CTP1

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2007-05-26

First skill implemented!

Today, the codes for the Harvesting(Plants) skill have been checked into the repository. This means that for the first time you will be able to evolve and 'level' your character in Calindor!
The Harvesting(Plants) skill will become available in the next CTP release. However if you would like to test it earlier, you can get the codes from the repository!
WARNING: storage format differs from 0.3.0 and the current development version. Your characters will no longer load and you will need to recreate them. In future, there will be a tool available for updating the storage between Calindor versions.

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2007-05-02

Web Site updated

The update to the Calindor web site has been completed today. The new site contains basic information about the project and help on server commands and installation. Go check it out!

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2007-04-20

Calindor Release 0.3.0!

The first public release of Calindor is here! Go to download section to download either the binaries or source codes. This release presents the progress of the work done so far, maily to server architecture. The user visible features are: creating a character, loging in the character, walking, following, changing maps and sending private messages!

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2007-04-15

SVN commit list ready

If you want to stay up to date with the development, please subscribe to the calindor-commits list. You will be notified about the latest code changes.

Posted by Krzysztof Smiechowicz 2007-04-07

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks