January 2005 -
The Cal3D team is pleased to announce the release of Cal3D
version 0.10.0! It's a major release and the list of the changes is very long. Here are some
of the major changes included in the latest release:
- Create/destroy functions removed.
- Reference counting on core objects.
- A "stride" argument to getVertices(), getNormals() ...
- Modification of the XML file format.
- Function to load data to the same coodinate system of the client application.
- Loading from a byte buffer or std::istream.
- New interface for hardware vertex processing.
- A time factor for animation.
- Animation callbacks.
- An experimental collision system.
- A beta Maya exporter (Try it and let us know if it works) !
- 3DSMax 7 support.
A more detailed list and more informations are available at
Thanks to everyone who submitted patches and to everyone who has been
active in the forums or in the mailing list. We couldn't do it without you.
The Cal3D Team
Log in to post a comment.