Version 0.7 of the the free skeletal-based character animation library has been released.
- The full project can be found in CVS on the sourceforge project page now.
- The Cal3D library is now licensed under the softer LGPL (GNU Lesser General Public License). See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html for details.
- The Cal3D API is now completely documented with the help of Doxygen.
- A first Cal3D User's Guide is available.
- The animation pipeline was extended to allow the integration of cloth animation and morph target animations in the future.
- The bone influence system uses a localized bone transformation approach now. This was needed for the experimental cloth animation system, for a better control of the skinned meshes and for a better vertex shader support.
- An experimental cloth/hair animation system is in place. This is not for production stuff, it's really a testbed for cloth animation experiments. If you have a realistic and fast cloth animation mechanism, let me know! =)
- The 3ds max exporter supports 3.1 and 4.2 now. Make sure you grab the 4.2 update for 3ds max 4.0, or you will have serious problems with the character animation and exports. Biped/Physique and Bone/Skin modifiers are fully supported now.
Have fun with it!
Bruno 'Beosil' Heidelberger
Log in to post a comment.