Menu

I suggest you provide more concrete examples.

Anonymous
2004-07-14
2004-08-03
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-07-14

Hi,

Cafeterra looks very interesting, but I am having trouble understanding what it might be capable of.  It looks like a very general system.  This is good, but it is difficult to understand what a general system can do when you first see it.

A larger sample system with some different filters might help interested people to understand before they make the effort to learn Cafeterra.

I am looking for a way to tie together a number of processing operations in a mathematical model.  The data is scattered across a variety of fixed-form text files.  (I am in the process of developing an ODBC driver for these files, that will make them look like a very simple SQL database)

Some of the processing operations are performed in a database, and loading data into it is often done by hand at present. 

I am not sure whether Cafeterra is potentially able to help me with this problem.  Perhaps I will get time to install it at home sometime and try it.

A big problem is that my workplace is entirely Windows 2000.  That might be a reason to give up now.

Another suggestion: Put the CafeTerra help files on the web site.  Otherwise it is difficult to read them without installing the system.

Anyway, congratulations on a very clever piece of software, and good luck,

Gordon

• Abdellaziz TALEB

Hi Gordon,

Thank you for your interest and your comments.

As you can see, I started a new thread on sourceforge, I'll put there some sample of cafeterra flows more documented the the first ones.

For the help files, I'm working to move them to web site, but this take time, I hope it will be done by october,

Regards.