Finding Servers HELP

2004-03-01
2013-03-18
  • Seth Nickerson

Seth Nickerson - 2004-03-01

I'm running this in Panther and I'm on a college campus, a ResNet. Normally accessing outside environments is no problem but I can't find any servers at all when i'm in the game. Either it's just too unpopular or i need a little bit of expert advice, let's hope the latter. :-)
    -Seth

• Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison - 2004-03-01

Well as of sometime Sunday afternoon, that BZFlag.org DNS failed.  Unfortunately this means that you cannot use the "Find Servers" menu option while DNS is down, since the game contacts http://db.bzflag.org/db/ to obtain a server list.  Try again in a couple days, and/or if you continue to have trouble, drop by #bzflag on irc.freenode.net via IRC where it's possible to get the list of servers with people playing.

There are usually anywhere from one to four dozen servers running at any particular time all the time.  On overage there are 50 to 150 players playing 24-7, depending on the time of day among other factors.

Cheers!

• Anonymous - 2004-07-02

play on my server it up 24/7 do562.homedns.org

• dreamarchitect

dreamarchitect - 2004-10-10

Why is "The Two Castles" by viper.pimpi.org/5159 not showing up on this list? Normally it's always busy, but there are only three people playing just now. I have to type in the values manually.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks