Menu

Too much cheating going on

2001-09-10
2003-04-09
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • pattdogg chaos

pattdogg chaos - 2002-12-06

i have an idea
    if you can track the cheaters then send a member with the ability to ban the cheaters when he wants have a special name or names and post them in email that enable the anti-cheaters to take cheaters off ,the anti-cheaters wouldnt be allowed to fight but they could guard with a way to see cheaters
    i would also volunteer for that job for a while

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-12-07

I guess I don't see the same cheating as everyone else.  I run Rat Lab and while there have been a few cheaters on when I'm on, it's been pretty sparse.  I see more lag than anything.  I try to help laggy players out if possible by making suggestions to increase udp throughput and fps.

I'm a laggy offender as well.  I dial (He said as he quickly ducks behind a chair to avoid the rotten vegitables and eggs being hurled his way.) because it's all I can get and I have been accused of cheating way too often.

I do not prescribe to the BZCop attitude either.  Too many laggy players get banned for poor reasons.  Yes, banned, not kicked.  What a travesty of justice.  ( I guess I didn't make any friends there, huh?)  If someone is accused of cheating I watch, I wait and I privately ask the player if they are having a problem.

If someone suspects a cheater on my server, after trying to help resolve any difficulties with the other player, then email me.  I'll watch for them.  I'm zippy@machlink.com.  But please don't assume that I will automatically ban someone who truly isn't cheating and is being turned off to a great game by people who just might be a little quick to use the "c" word.  I'll use due diligence and investigate a bit first.

It's really funny when I, or the other person who has the admin rights on Rat Lab get called a cheater for having a 200ms lag.  It just proves to me that the word is used way too often.

If more admin is needed, I'll decide who gets the right to administer my server, not by a popular vote, or by any authority not my own.  I'm not a dictator either.  There are a couple of people I'm considering.  But the point is, it's my server and I'll make the decisions on who to trust with the priveledge.

dS

• Dan

Dan - 2003-01-18

ermm i dident read it all but the begining,
    they couldbring out a CHSP(i used in it severs ina game called Unrealtournament) the ppl whyo made it never stopped making new ones

lol

• Tim Riker

Tim Riker - 2003-01-19

CHSP is Client Side Hack Protection

No need to do that in BZFlag, we just put out complete new releases. CVS (and so the next release as well) contains new cheat protection code. It's a good start.

• Dan

Dan - 2003-01-19

CSHP(spelling is wrong)
    ok

• Jeremiah

Jeremiah - 2003-01-19

A link, perhaps?  Each time I search for CSHP, I get a bunch of info on health programs.

• Tim Riker

Tim Riker - 2003-01-20

http://home.clara.net/nireland/ut-xtra/discuss/unwax/

talks about it. Looks like the patches were at:

http://www.creativecarnage.com/unreal/files/

but are not anymore. This is a Red Herring. CSHP is just one guys name for fixing the code. This is what we are doing in CVS anyway.

• Jeremiah

Jeremiah - 2003-01-20

k.

• Dan

Dan - 2003-01-19

lol
    wonder why?!?!?!

• jacob mcgrath

jacob mcgrath - 2003-01-22

i have played and i am playing other game that have voting  (return to Wolfenstien) i have almost stopped playing this game because of it and it was a fun game in the past.

the voting really make the game (less)fun.

in this game there is a TK  report filed

the server impaments if u want to file a report on the TK'er

yes/no

so many TK reports in the (yes)  and that player is kicked.

It might be a good idea to look into a server option for wepons possestion time.  (maby in the 1-10 min area.   To less and it might defeat the Flag in BZFlag.

As far a cheating  i have seen a lot of hvering tank, as well as invis tank that have no flags.  But i still love playing this game and hope to run a server or servers for it this year.  I am hoping that this memory leak or just plain windows &BZFS problem get resolved.  But i was looking into FreeBSD or other for a game server.

well thats it

=353CAPPY  aka HEINOLA

• Terry Caulfield

Terry Caulfield - 2003-02-05

Maybe, if some people (who if aren't too busy) can dedicate their server to cheat clients only for a couple hours a day? Plus, with Knightmare's old page (which, im guessing, every wanna-be programmer saved in a *.txt file. I know I did!), there seems to be a lot more cheat clients.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2003-04-09

Please yell at me if this has been suggested before (i'm new here).
    But it seems that the problem is that the problem is that the clients are getting too much information about whats going on in the game to reduce network traffic.  Then why don't we have the clients check for cheating?
    Since the clients know so much, they can probably detect with some degree of certantity that someone else is cheating.  The client would add up all these probabilities for each other person in the game and once the sum reaches some threshold, report the cheater to the server.  And once the server gets enough evidence of cheating from the clients it can ban them.
    This scheme assumes that most of the clients are not cheaters of course.

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)