buzztard project status 01/07/2007

hej,

This month the ui (bt-edit) got improved. Editing pattern became usable - I
advance the cursor, triggers and notes can be editing as usual in a tracker. The
base-octave setting is implemented.

I also worked on the buzz song importer. One goal I set myself is to be able to
load and play some of the song initially shipped with buzz. Right now I try my
luck on Aenathron.bmx. The song is just 34 kbytes, but plays for more that 5
minutes. Geonik's primifun causes some headache for me as it imports a zillion
windows libs, thus I removed it from the song for now. To be able to load the
song I had to add support for old (< version 1.2) songs. The song loads, but
only produces cracks and pops so far :(.

Experimenting with loading various buzz songs also help to improve the machine
compatibility. More machine start to work. I have improved the logging in the
emulation module. the GStreamer buzzmachine wrapper go blacklist support to
disable those that are known to crash.

Unfortunately the recent changes need GStreamer form CVS again. One bug was a
silly copy'n'paste of mine, the other one got fixed by master-hacker Wim Taymans.

What else? More test work has been done. For release 0.3 I'd like to improve the
test coverage. Also kudos to Sebastian Dröge - Google summer of Code student. He
did a great job on the GstController improvements. We now have arbitrary control-
source support with backwards compatibility to the old limited API. A control-
source provides a time variant signal that modifies a GstElement parameter.
Right now there is a interpolation source, that provides a envelope and
triggers. Planned next is a LFO (low frequency oscillator).

buzztard core developer team
--
http://www.buzztard.org

Posted by Stefan Sauer 2007-07-10

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks