From: Stefan Sauer <ensonic@ho...> - 2012-02-11 17:22:18
The first big change after releasing 0.6 was to move from svn to git.
SourceForge offers git since a while, but does not provide any tips how to do
the transition. Fortunately it is a popular topic though. I used svn2git for the
main conversion. I fixed the author tags from svn commit messages (Patch-by:)
manually using git rebase -i as I could not get a filter-branch script for it to
work. A few times gitk got confused and I had to remove my .git/gitk.cache, one
symptom are missing tags. I updated the enlistments on ohloh and tweaked the git
hooks to have the same functionality as before.
A first code wise change was to move the bsl module into the buzztard one. It is
a small module for the buzztard song-loader plugin and it is not needed if you
don't want to load buzz songs. But it is small and has no further dependencies
and thus it is easier to just include it. Especially as we plan to add other
loaders in the coming cycle(s).
In the editor I bumped the required gtk version to get rid of some #ifdef and be
able to use newer API. I replaced the ruler widgets in volume and panorama
popups with with scale markers. Those look nicer and take the scale handle size
into account. Unfortunately they were almost untested. I made the needed patches
for gtk-2-24, gtk-3-2 and gtk-HEAD ,. I could also made workarounds for
the issue for the time being. So for the time being, don't use inverted ranges
on your scales and don't use an adjustment with fractions (use 0 .. 100 instead
of 0.0 to 1.0).
Most of the work went in the the interaction controller. The controller
assignment in the UI is a bit more discoverable (content menu not only on main
widgets, but also on the label and value label). Controllers can be assigned to
combo-boxes too (mapped to enums). We have controllers for note-on midi messages
and the velocity that comes with it now.
The other bigger change is that we now have persistent audio sessions (right now
only enabled for jack). We're basically keep the sink alive across songs and
also keep it in a resource allocated state. This gives a little speedup on the
playback startup, but the main motivation was to allow to configure linkage of
buzztard with other jack client in qjackcontrol. This is also an enabler for
transport sync support. I have landed initial support for this in gstreamer-git.
There were also a few smaller changes for user feedback on docs and new tips.
The design folder got more experiments.
485 files changed, 2638 insertions(+), 2033 deletions(-)
buzztard core developer team