SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

DVD won't play after burning

Help
2013-02-17
2014-06-20
  • Gordon Mackie

Gordon Mackie - 2013-02-17

I burned a DVD on my MAC after converting during the burn to MPG from MOV. On MAC or PC I just get a black screen with the title and "start" and if I click the play…I just get a quick flash over to pause and then the play icon again.
    On my TV DVD player I get the same but if I press the "search" and select "scene 1" it plays OK.
    I have burned 4 DVD from 2 different movies (created on my own camcorder) and am using DVD-R DVDs
    I have been through help screens and youtube and Google looking for some simple explanation but can't find one.
    Can anyone help? I can't figure it out

• Gordon Mackie

Gordon Mackie - 2013-02-22

Ah well - no replies, I will look for another burning package and try that

• Matt

Matt - 2013-07-07

I've had the same kind of experience. Created and burned a DVD-Video with 'Use DVD theme' switched on (using the default theme). The project included two video files and was burned on DVD-R media in an external drive. I'm running Burn v2.5.1 (24) 64bit on OS X 10.8.4.

When I attempt to play the disc in Apple DVD Player, the on-screen menu is displayed but is not interactive. When using the arrow buttons on the DVD Player controller there is no visual change to indicate which item has been selected.

During some trial and error I have determined that the 'Start' option is selected by default, and by using the arrow buttons and some imagination, you can navigate around.

Unfortunately this isn't the case on my DVD player connected to the TV. No matter what I press, I get nowhere.

Burn seems very easy to use, and would love to find a solution to this problem. Anybody else out there experiencing something similar?

Last edit: Matt 2013-07-07
  • Craig Rhinehart

Craig Rhinehart - 2013-12-09

Same experience here. I can get the Apple DVD (Mac Mini) player to work but not my Sony DVD players that are connected to TVs.

• sec_prof

sec_prof - 2013-12-19

I am experiencing the same issue.

• Erik Bertrand

Erik Bertrand - 2014-06-20

Same - burn went fine, played great on my Mac (10.8.5), but wouldn't play at all on my Sony Blu-ray/DVD player. Just one 15-minute MOV file (created by iMovie) that was converted to MPG. Tried PAL and NTSC, using the default theme.

I'm not seeing many other good options for burners... :/

• goodblesss

goodblesss - 2016-03-19
    Post awaiting moderation.