From: Daniel Andre Eikeland <zegenie@ze...> - 2008-12-10 00:21:02
The wait is almost over, we're almost there. Later tonight, the first
BUGS 2 Release Candidate will be released - and boy, do we have
something for everyone...
Since the last release in the 1.x series, we've been hard at work
creating the ultimate follow-up to one of the easiest issue trackers
around, and we are very proud of what we've accomplished. Not
withholding anything, here is the short list of improvements since BUGS
1.9 (there are more, but we simply cannot list them all):
* Better user management with groups and teams
* More refined access control
* Powerful and advanced search functionality
* Source code control integration
* Articles, news and billboards
* Calendars with events, meetings and todo's
* Project dashboard with live statistics and overview
* Automatic roadmap generation
* Issue sub-tasks which can be promoted to individual issues
* Relating issues
* OpenSearch integration
* Much improved i18n support with more languages available by default
* Modular architecture, making it easy to extend and build upon it
* A beautiful new graphical theme
These are just *some* of the highlights! We invite you all to download
and try out this release later tonight, when it is released.
A special "thank you" goes to Michael Gatta for his work on the great
new logo we are using (which also inspired the release name). I'd also
like to thank our translation team for providing some great translations
and for helping us iron out the remaining issue in the i18n support.
Remember to report any issues that you find with this release in our
online issue tracker at http://b2.thebuggenie.com
- the BUGS team
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.